Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cinderella disorder...

I honestly have nothing in mind. At 1:30am, I have no choice but to emerge myself into cyberspace, the only resort I have when sleep is far away. This sleeping disorder started years back and up until now I have this sickness of not being able to sleep when it is already past 12 midnight. I have to be snoring in bed before 11:59 or else I will be awake the rest of the dawn.

Health professionals describe this disorder as insomnia which is characterized by an inability to sleep and/or inability to remain asleep for a reasonable period. Insomniacs typically complain of being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time. It is often caused by fear, stress, anxiety, medications, herbs, caffeine, depression or sometimes for no apparent reason. An overactive mind or physical pain may also be causes. Finding the underlying cause of insomnia is usually necessary to cure it.


As I was browsing thru Wikipedia, I learned that there are three types of Insomnia, they are:

  1. Transient Insomnia lasts from one night to a few weeks but it seems longer. Most people occasionally suffer from transient insomnia due to such causes as jet lag or short-term anxiety. If this form of insomnia continues to occur from time to time, the insomnia is classified as intermittent.
  2. Acute Insomnia is the inability to consistently sleep well for a period of between three weeks to six months.
  3. Chronic Insomnia is regarded as the most serious; persists almost nightly for at least a month.

Hmmm…so mine is not insomnia at all…hehehe…it’s more like the Cinderella type of disorder, if I don’t sleep before the clock strikes 12 the drowsiness will evaporate and leave me with eyes wide open until I hear the morning welcome song of my uncle’s rooster.

Oh well it doesn’t matter to me at all, knowing that all Cinderellas have happy endings…hehehe!

Check out my photography at yaneephotos.wordpress.com




No comments: